Thursday 6 December 2007

19 days to X'mas- hope for the future.

puan came over to my place for a workout that day, and i passed her a mag and a book to bide her time over the holidays. she mentioned wanting to watch the upcoming romantic movie P.S. I love you, so i thought she might be interested in reading another of Cecelia Ahern's novels.

as i handed her the book, i caught sight of my writing on the first page, relating the experience behind buying it:

terence and i were at a mega book clearance sale at expo, hunting down a HIGHLY-elusive book to complete a trilogy. the setting was warehouse-like, with books everywhere. it wasn't messy but it wasn't organised either. so we split up and decided to take up the challenge head-on. so you know, nothing exciting. we just thumbed titles upon titles, occasionally pulling some up by the spine to look closer. there were people everywhere but we were apart, focused on our task.

we didn't find the book. but i cannot explain how nice it was to reunite at the end of the search. it was the sweetest thing. you know, when we both were sure that the book was not in that massive sea. he held me and kissed my hair =) and he bought me a book instead. which was the one i lent to my friend.

i think you're probably reading this and haha. your eyes rolling back and forth. what is she getting at?!!! i don't really know how to express it. it was such immense relief being in his arms again. and i cherished the comfort and the familiarity SO MUCH MORE because we had spent time just losing ourselves in something else. it is so reassuring having that ONE PERSON you love and trust so much in a sea of people. in this sea of people. sometimes i find myself completely dazed and overwhelmed. mayb it's my problem of mistrust. i once took a survey and the results revealed that i see the world as a bad place. i still do. isn't there little to be optimistic about? but.

let me finally articulate my reasons for the season: faith and love. basically, the two things that give my outlook some positive balance. Christ and terence.

this christmas, in the midst of the excessive indulgences and extravagance, i hope you find your reason too.

and with that, the countdown begins!

No comments: